Military Education Benefits Blog RSS Link

Can my Post 911 educational benefits be transferred to my daughter?
Rate This:
rated by 0 People

Can my Post 911 educational benefits be transferred to my daughter?  I have 24 years of service and I retired on 6/2004. - James L.

James, thank you for your 24 years of service.  As a retired service member you have up to 15 years from the time of your last discharge to use the Post 911 educational benefits on your own education.  Unfortunately, the transfer of these same benefits to a spouse or dependent must have been completed while still on active duty.  You can validate this answer by going to:

This very topic has been addressed in a few other writings contained within this blog.  Two of those writings are:

Both of these articles will provide you with information about other viable avenues that could prove beneficial in funding your daughter’s college education. One of the suggestions is to look at available military scholarships.  You can do this on your own but there are so many that you may want to work either with your daughter’s high school counselor or the Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) that she is going to attend.  This could save you and your daughter hours of searching.

ShareThis Stumble!
Tags: , ,
Filled Under: G.I. Bill, Military Education Benefits, Military Scholarships, Post-9/11 G.I. Bill, State Programs - Visitor @ December 29th, 2010
No Comments


Top Online Schools for Military

University of Phoenix

Kaplan University

Virginia College


Post a Comment

Submit your comment....
Join the conversation and tell us what you think about this post. Fill in the information below to send us your feedback, ask more questions--or just voice your opinion.

Login using Facebook:

- OR -

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved.